In addition to our showroom, hardware store, and Fisher Lumber location, we also service the Andale area with Fisher Lumber Andale.
Andale Lumber was started by Pat Reichenberger, who grew up on a small family farm west of Andale. Pat lived as most farm kids did — chores, school, and chores again. He even nearly lost his leg in a farm accident in the blizzard of 1952. Thanks to the caring residents of Andale who flagged down an approaching freight train, Pat was able to ride the train to St. Francis Hospital in Wichita where a surgeon decided to save his leg when most would have simply amputated.
Out For Lemons, Back with a Lumberyard
- In 1973, Edith wanted to make lemon meringue pie and needed some ingredients from the store. While at the store, Pat ran into Mrs. Martin who managed Comely Lumber in Andale. Mrs. Martin’s husband had passed and she was done trying to run the yard. So as the story goes, Pat went out for lemons and came home with a lumberyard.
- On April 2, 1973, Pat Reichenberger Lumber Inc. opened for business. Over the years, the company began doing business as Andale Lumber.
- A fierce summer storm nearly wiped Andale Lumber off the map in 1990. Pat remodeled and rebuilt his facility immediately.
- In late 2012, Pat began having coffee with Joe Fisher, owner of Fisher Lumber Company. After many talks, the topic of selling Andale Lumber came up. Pat was very particular about the company he built, and Fisher Lumber was the only buyer Pat would even consider.
- On May 20, 2013, Andale Lumber became part of the Fisher Lumber family.
- Fisher Lumber, founded in 1955, has built its reputation on quality products and customer service. We will continue to strive for quality products, service and a competitive price. This is not the end of the story for Andale Lumber, but it is the next chapter in a lumberyard that may change hands, but has kept its doors open for nearly a century.